About Colt Division
Colt Division is a highly competitive league for players ages 14-17 years old.
Players in Colt may also be selected to represent their team in an All Star Game.
The games are played Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings at 6:00 p.m., with some weekend games under the lights starting at 8:15 p.m.
Pre-season practices begin in early May. The season begins the first week of June, and runs through the last week of July, with playoffs into the first week of August.
For questions or more information, contact Bronco Commissioner Eric Jenks at email@example.com or George Rinke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colt Registration for 2018 Season
Colt Division (Ages 14-17) - $160
Dearborn Baseball Colt Division Rules
All rules are official rules of Major League Baseball plus:
- There are no shoe restrictions; CUPS are MANDATORY!
- 2 HOUR 15 MINUTE TIME LIMIT FOR GAMES *
- Forfeits: 8 players at game time, minimum, games can be completed with 7 players or less *
- Mercy Rule: 15 after 3; 12 after 4; 10 after 5; GAME MUST END *
- Courtesy runners: The player who made the last out is allowed to run for a pitcher and catcher at any time
- Base runners must slide or avoid contact on close plays
- No defensive changes mid-inning except to remove a pitcher
- All players present at game time bat in continuous order (See #9 below)
- All players present at game time must play 2 defensive innings. A coach does not have to play a player who is being disciplined for a legitimate reason
- When a player leaves a game, his spot is vacated in the batting lineup and is an automatic out unless the player is injured. However, a coach has the option to not play the player if he knows that the player will be leaving during the game
- All games are 7 innings (See above exceptions *). However, if a game is rained out when losing team has batted less than 5 times, the game will be replayed from that point forward
- Pitching distance is 60 feet 6 inches
- Bases are 90 feet
- Pitching - One pitch is an inning. 10 innings are the maximum per week. A week begins on Monday! 4 innings or less = no rest required. 5 innings or more = 40 hours rest (from the start of the current game to the start of the next game). 7 Innings / Day maximum (eg. Double Headers) NOTE: Coaches are advised to maintain a pitch count at their discretion in order to avoid player injury
- All players who make any level of their High School baseball team in any season must use a -3 “BBCORE” Bat in COLT Division. If violated, the player will be ejected from the game and is an automatic out thereafter. (See rule 10). 2 ¾ inch bats are not allowed
- If there is a tie for 1st place, those teams will be Co-Champs. Playoff seeding will be determined by head to head run differential
- No new player can be added after the first game of the season without league approval. All paperwork and fees must be submitted on or before the first game of the season.
- Each team can protect up to 6 A coach must obtain permission from a parent in order to protect that player. If a coach has less than 6 protected players at the draft date, the coach will draft 1st until there are 6 protected players. If one brother is protected, all other brothers must be protected. All protected players are subject to league approval
- Coaches are advised that certain pitchers may not be allowed to pitch in the COLT division. These players will be announced prior to the draft. Any American Legion Player in COLT cannot pitch.
- Any Player ejected from a game is also ineligible for the following game